Apply for a Lemonade Day Scholarship.
Expanding on the great partnership forged between Texas Tech University, United Supermarkets and Lubbock Lemonade Day, seven new scholarships will be awarded in 2017 to hard working young entrepreneurs.
The partners proudly announced six $500 scholarships for the following categories:
• Best Business Plan
• Most Creative Marketing
• Best Lemonade Stand
• Best Sales and Customer Service
• Most Profitable Lemonade Stand
• Most Charitable Lemonade Stand
In addition, one Lemonade Day Rockstar will be named Entrepreneur of the Year, taking home the grand prize of a $1,000 scholarship to be awarded on the field at a home football game this fall.
TO APPLY FOR A LEMONADE DAY SCHOLARSHIP:
- Young entrepreneurs should register their stand and pick up a “Passport to Lemon U” at any Lemonade Day event or the YWCA located at 3101 35th Street, Lubbock, Texas.
- Young entrepreneurs should complete their “Passport to Lemon U” by attending Lemonade Day events and/or completing online “Lemonopolis” lessons.
- Submit their “Passport to Lemon U” at the Lemonade Day Wrap-Up party*, where the Lemonade Day team will interview them about their “Lemons to Gold” story.
*The Wrap-Up Party will be held on Saturday, May 12th, 5-8pm at the YWCA Sun n’ Fun Center located at 6204 Elgin Ave, Lubbock, Texas. If the young entrepreneur cannot attend, Passports and Scholarship interviews can be submitted at the YWCA office, 3101 35th Street, Lubbock Texas, no later than 5:00pm central on Friday May 19th.